Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Do. What. You. Love.

To me, it seems like the saddest things in the world would be stuck doing something you hate.
If you had to wake up everyday knowing that you were heading to the same old thing that you can't stand going to, that's hell to me. People ask me all the time if I'm sad that I miss out on dances, friends, and other random high school things because of volleyball. What's always my answer?
H word No!
I love Volleyball. If I didn't love it, bottom line is I wouldn't spend so much of my time and effort on it. 
If I didn't love it, all my countless hours, dollars, blood sweat and tears, would be a complete waist. There will always be more weekends to hang out with friends. There's going to be at least 20 more school dances that I can go to. There's only one time to make me the best I can be at my sport though.

The older I get, the more competitive Volleyball gets. I have to work harder to make teams, work harder to beat other teams, and straight up work my butt off to even think about being successful in it. This is the time where you're finding out whether or not you have what it takes to play in college or not. Why screw up possibly my whole future as a college volleyball player (hopefully) for one week of blowing it off to go to a dance or a party? Three words for ya friends....
Not worth it.
Call me crazy, tell me that I'm too into Volleyball and sacrifice too much. I'll simply call you crazy in return. I'm sorry that you don't have something you love driving your every action. I do miss out on fun times with friends, I do wake up at 6:30 AM in the summer to condition, and I do spend thousands of hours in a gym, hot and sweaty year round for one cause...

Volleyball.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i absolutely love that you said H word No! (:

Taylor Rose said...

Love love love :)